Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Paris Hilton: I'm not your typical heiress



Paris Hilton may be on her third reality show with Oxygen’s “The World According to Paris,” but the 30-year-old says that viewers will actually see the real her with this one.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times about her former reality program "The Simple Life," Hilton says producers told her “it was supposed to be 'Green Acres' meets 'Clueless.' So that's what I gave them. It was fun. But it gave the world this perception of me. People assume that's who I am."

She’s hoping that her Oxygen show will paint a more authentic picture.

“I wanted to get at this whole spoiled-heiress perception," Hilton says. “There are a lot of heirs out there that don't work because they don't have to. That's not me. I've had success on my own. I bought this house myself, I've bought every car I own. It's all me and my hard work."

And if you think her hard work includes, ahem, that infamous sex tape, Hilton would tell you to think again.

"I never made one dollar from that tape," she tells the L.A. Times. "It’s the most painful thing that's ever happened to me. Even today, every time I walk into a room, I'm always wondering how many people have seen that tape."

Instead, Hilton says, she's earining her paycheck by simply being herself. "The World According to Paris” is supposed to include more of an intimate look into her world, such as when she does court-mandated community service. (Hopefully she'll also use her natural speaking voice, which the L.A. Times notes is deeper and more mature than the baby voice she's known for employing.)

"I get to make a living just being me," Hilton says. "And I love my job."

You can hear more from Paris Hilton when the reality TV star and her mom Kathy make a stop by Piers Morgan Tonight this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment